[RTW] [dispatch] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-alvestrand-dispatch-rtcweb-protocols-00

Justin Uberti juberti at google.com
Wed Dec 22 17:15:18 CET 2010

Ingemar,

RFC 3711 defines AES as the default encryption algorithm and HMAC-SHA1 as
the default authentication algorithm for SRTP. As a result, those algorithms
are used by pretty much every application that uses SRTP, which makes
interoperability much easier.

I think a similar statement can be made regarding the selection of MTI video
codecs. There are various reasons why one might choose one codec versus
another. But if we are unable to pick at least one default/MTI codec (for
each media type), interoperability and thereby adoption of this platform
will be much more challenging.

--justin