WG Last Call on IETF Problem Statement

graham.travers at bt.com graham.travers at bt.com
Fri Sep 19 11:42:37 CEST 2003

All,

My two cents worth... I drafted this a few weeks ago, and then sat on it,
because it seemed superfluous.  However, since we are now discussing how to
move the Process Document forward again...

I agree pretty much with what Harald wrote recently. We should propose
different processes, where they are needed to progress.  Let's move forward
quickly where we can, as supported by the Vienna IESG Plenary.

On the other hand, I think some problems may require a new and slower
process, e.g. the type of problem which can't just be handed over to the
IESG to resolve ( too much IESG power, etc. ).

Practically, this means examining each problem, and proposing a suitable
process to deal with it.  This could take the form of a simple table/matrix.

	Regards,

	Graham Travers

	International Standards Manager
	BT Exact

	e-mail:   graham.travers at bt.com
	tel:      +44(0) 1359 235086
	mobile:   +44(0) 7808 502536
	fax:      +44(0) 1359 235087

	HWB279, PO Box 200,London, N18 1ZF, UK

	BTexact Technologies is a trademark of British Telecommunications
plc
	Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
	Registered in England no. 1800000

	This electronic message contains information from British
Telecommunications plc which may be privileged or confidential. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information
is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please
notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above)
immediately.