WG Last Call on IETF Problem Statement (small proposal toexp and text in sections 2.2 and 2.3)

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Thu Sep 18 11:23:29 CEST 2003

I'm in sympathy with this view.  We can't expect to nail down every problem
and get agreement on every problem before we submit a list of problems.
We have a good enough list for the IESG and IAB to start working on solutions,
we should not give them an excuse to delay doing so by delaying this document
any more than necessary.

So my suggestion is that we change the document to state up front a very
clearly that the list is not comprehensive and never will be, and that we
recognize that our descriptions of these problems may be imperfect, and
that any group considering how to solve these problems will certainly need to
consider other input and/or subsequent clarifications, whether from the problem
statement WG or other interested/affected parties.

That, and change the abstract to remove the assumption that this group is
going to dictate the process by which problems are to be addressed.

and ship it.

Those who have comments/clarifications that they wish to submit can do so as
separate internet drafts.  Or if the group would like to set up a web page
where we can keep track of such notes it would be easy to collect them all
into a single draft and/or revise the problem statement document at a later
date, should that be found to be desirable.