WG Last Call on IETF Problem Statement (small proposal to expand text in sections 2.2 and 2.3)

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Wed Sep 17 08:22:36 CEST 2003

Alistair,

AUac> Although I note that a few people have already said we should "just ship
AUac> it", may I please make two, small, last minute, proposals to add to this
AUac> draft covering a pair of issues concerning problems effecting

I believe both of the points you raise are interesting.

I believe neither of them is essential to include.

We can never list all of the problems. There are too many.  We need to limit
the list or we will never complete it.

The impetus for this work is to correct major problems with the IETF that are
hurting the timeliness and utility of IETF output.  While there are many, many
things we might do to make improvements, we need to limit the current, formal
effort to major problems.

I believe the two items you have cited are worthy of discussion and may
warrant changes, but I do not believe they warrant further delays to the
working group documents.

d/

ps.
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>