Moving the process document forward

Melinda Shore mshore at cisco.com
Tue Sep 2 13:09:08 CEST 2003

Unfortunately, we left Vienna in probably greater confusion about
how to move forward than we were before we arrived.  We need to
spend some more time discussing what we want to say about changing
the structure and practices of the IETF.  There have been several
proposals to date but none has been attracted anything resembling
consensus.  The soon-to-be-posted revision of the process document
says this:

5.2 Changing the Structure and Practices of the IETF, contains the
following appeal:
    Given the lack of concensus, this document asks the IETF community
to submit
    and discuss further alternative process (and solution) proposals that
    might attract better concensus.

and so we're soliciting contributions.

Melinda & Avri