Listing affiliations (Re: OPEN ISSUE: WG Chair Selection (in general))

Margaret Wasserman mrw at windriver.com
Wed May 28 09:06:57 CEST 2003

At 08:16 AM 5/28/2003 +0200, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
>On the other hand, including the corporate information *everywhere* the
>names get listed seems like overkill, and against our principle of
>considering the person-as-an-individual (as well as increasing overhead).
>Where would you suggest we list them?

Perhaps it would make sense to list them on the IETF website
where you list the names of the current IESG members:

http://www.ietf.org/iesg.html#members

I don't think that anyone is actively trying to hide their
affiliation, but it can be hard to figure them out...  I
know that people do work in the IETF as individuals, but
all individuals' perspectives _are_ affected by their
background/experience and self-interests.

Margaret