My thoughts about the problems of the IETF

Jonne.Soininen at nokia.com Jonne.Soininen at nokia.com
Mon May 5 15:38:06 CEST 2003

Hi Keith,

> well, any actual objections to protocol actions have to be written up,
> rather than merely mentioned in a telechat, in order to have any
> effect.  and those are now available in the tracking system.
>
> it may be that IESG meetings are more boring than you thought.

You may be right. However, the good thing about meeting minutes is that you can skip over things. Actually, it is sometimes better to read the minutes than be present in the meetings... ;)

However, I would really find real minutes useful, and I would not believe that it imposes impossible work load for the IESG.

> > In addition, what I would like to see is also the
> > IESG meeting agendas (before the meetings), and the meeting
> calendar.
>
> I doubt it would be difficult or controversial to provide either one.
> but again, the document tracker pretty much provides these things
> already.

I find ID tracker extremely useful, but I still believe that it serves a bit of a different purpose than meeting minutes. I think they are complementing things instead of mutually exclusive. I think they should hold a bit of different topics (e.g. WG creation, charter discussions)

Cheers,

Jonne.