Documenting consensus (RE: making strategic problems concrete)

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Mon Mar 24 00:00:25 CET 2003

Harald,

HTA> Is there a real problem in that we don't have any means recognized by the
HTA> process of documenting the "consensus of the moment" except by people's
HTA> memories?

good question.

well-run working groups have chairs that are regularly assessing and
declaring working group.  These actions are recorded in meeting
minutes or on the mailing list archive.

Do we need a different, formal mechanism?

Perhaps the problem is merely that we do not train chairs to do this
enough and do not check that they are doing it?

Is this a mechanism problem or a training problem?

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker at brandenburg.com>