My thoughts about the problems of the IETF

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Thu Apr 17 17:36:10 CEST 2003

> but also - yes
> 	if the AD says that and the WG specifically has consensus
> 	a different way that it would be a process violation to
> 	override the WG consensus

I disagree.  If the AD asserts a technical error and the WG
consensus disagrees with the AD, it's still up to the IESG as a whole to
decide whether the document meets the requirement for standardization -
with or without the change suggested by the AD.  WG consensus alone is
insufficient to have a document approved for the standards track - it
requires IESG approval also, and WG consensus does not compel the IESG
to approve the document.

Keith