My thoughts about the problems of the IETF

Scott Bradner sob at harvard.edu
Thu Apr 17 16:46:12 CEST 2003

> But what happens when an AD or IESG member tells a document editor
> to change x, y & z before a draft can pass IESG review?  Is there
> any way to appeal this?

to be clear I'd say yes & no  :-)

no - its not written into 2026
yes - if someone appeals such a thing it would be really bad
	if the IESG &/or IAB were to rule it out of order rather than
	address the issue

but also - yes
	if the AD says that and the WG specifically has consensus
	a different way that it would be a process violation to
	override the WG consensus

this might sound counter to what I posted earlier today but if
a AD/IESG pushback to a WG for a security or danger-to-the-net
issue can not get WG consus to fix then we are in a pile of problem

Scott