Rushing ahead - speakers and topics

Aaron Falk falk@isi.edu
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:48:15 -0800

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> the format I'm aiming for is:
>
> - introductory remarks: "houston, we have a problem"
> - problem statements (by various speakers)
> - wrapup remarks - "where do we go from here"
>
> I expect to send my draft presentation later today or early tomorrow (will
> work on it during at least one plane ride).
>
> The issues and presenters I'd like to suggest:
>
> - What should the IETF do, and how fast does it need to do it?
>  Suggested presenter: Aaron Falk

Harald-

Hoping to keep everyone in sync w.r.t. expectations, let me test my
initial thoughts on you and the group.  It sounds to me as though this
segement start with an overview of what the IETF should be doing.  If
so, I'd use this list from 2026:

%    The goals of the Internet Standards Process are:
%    o  technical excellence;
%    o  prior implementation and testing;
%    o  clear, concise, and easily understood documentation;
%    o  openness and fairness;  and
%    o  timeliness.

and extract items from your issue list which put the first four
bullets above in conflict with the last one.  (I.e., Why Do Things
Take So Long And Is That Always A Bad Thing?)

Perhaps a better subtitle would be "When Does Being Slow Cause
Problems?"

Is this what you had in mind?

--aaron