Registration of media type application/calendar+xml

Cyrus Daboo cyrus at daboo.name
Fri Sep 10 18:49:57 CEST 2010

Hi Keith,

--On September 10, 2010 12:43:53 PM -0400 Keith Moore
<moore at network-heretics.com> wrote:

>> Fair enough. We can adjust e.g. Section 3.7 that talks about only X-
>> extensions to also refer to any new iCalendar data objects. The basic
>> premise being that new iCalendar data object names map directly to an
>> XML element name. After each table in the previous sections we can add a
>> reference to section 3.7 with a statement that that is how new items
>> will be handled.
>
> That would help.  But why do you need specific rules for any of the
> iCalendar data object names?  I can understand one or two exceptional
> cases, but if the mapping you have is truly adaptable, it shouldn't need
> many of those rules.

OK, I'll discuss with my fellow authors to see what we can do to better
clarify our intent. Maybe we actually state the naming/mapping rules at the
very start of section 3 as the "fundamental" set of rules, but we still
keep the tables in there as a useful reference back to the iCalendar spec.

--
Cyrus Daboo