Standards tree image/ktx mime registration for review

Mark Callow callow_mark at hicorp.co.jp
Tue Sep 7 12:21:02 CEST 2010

Hi Ned,

Thank you for the useful information buried in the unnecessary lecture.

I am well aware that IANA != IESG. I began my search there because they
have documents and instructions related to MIME type registration. I did
search more widely without result.

I was not looking for a license to not follow current rules, merely an
explanation of your request related to security and a major image file
format seemed like a good place to start.

I read RFC4288 as I was preparing the registration template but I did
not fully understand the import of the *fifth* bullet in Section 4.6. I
will revise the section on security then submit my registration to the IESG.

Regards

    -Mark