Additional comments on image/svg+xml

Ron Wilson wilsonronl at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 23:11:25 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:
> IHMO: if this was a "custom", binary media type, then yes, you could define
> whatever you want. Although I still don't think it would be a good idea.
>
> However, this is a +xml type, and it needs to be compatible with what RFC
> 3023 says.

Then I would favor requiring that XML based content that is compressed
carry the type and extension of the container and let the
opener-of-the-container determine how to process the contents, rather
than promote the proliferation of multiple types and extensions for
what is ultimately the same content.