Review of application/pkix-attr-cert Media Type

Bjoern Hoehrmann derhoermi at gmx.net
Mon Oct 5 19:21:24 CEST 2009

* Russ Housley wrote:
>http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-pkix-attr-cert-mime-type-01.txt
>
>This document includes the application/pkix-attr-cert media type
>registration.  The document is also going through WG Last Call in the
>PKIX WG.  Please review.

In the template, the "Person & email address" part does not properly
separate name and address (like is done under "Author" for example).

File name extensions are usually given in lower case; if people are
actually to use the "AC" spelling and not "ac", that should be said
more clearly, otherwise it should say "ac" instead.

The encoding considerations should simply say 7bit, 8bit, or one of
the other values specified in RFC 4288 section 4.8. I believe I said
as much earlier.

Is there no pattern that could be cited in the magic number section?