general question

Roni Even ron.even.tlv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 09:25:53 CET 2009

Adriano,

I am not sure I fully understand your question. Are you asking if the media
type registration need to be in the same document as the payload
specification.

Look in RFC 4855 (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4855)  for published
specification, there it says that registration and the payload specification
can be different documents.

I am not sure that I know of such cases. In some cases there are RFC that
update the registration for example by adding parameters.

Regards

Roni Even