Media types in draft-ietf-fecframe-interleaved-fec-scheme

Alfred Hönes ah at TR-Sys.de
Mon Dec 21 12:25:45 CET 2009

I think it's correct and useful to keep full, self-cintained
media type registration templates for all 4 types, because this
ensures that the templates can be filed independently (and
that's, more as a formality, what is required by RFC 4288).

However, the "Applications that use this media type" clauses or the
"Additional information" clauses should elaborate on when this
particular media type shall be used, for instance in Section 5.1.1,
when audio/~ should be used in favor of application/~ .

Quickly skimming over the full draft, I did not see a paragraph of
text discussing this applicability question, but if there's text
containing such discussion and I have overlooked it, it could be
referenced, or preferably summed up _and_ pointed to in the
registration templates.

Kind regards,
  Alfred Hönes.