Registration of media types application/dssc+xml and application/dssc+der (Update)

Thomas Kunz thomas.kunz at sit.fraunhofer.de
Tue Aug 18 15:43:23 CEST 2009

Hello,

I would like to register the two MIME-Types "application/dssc+xml" and
"application/dssc+der" as part of our internet draft
"draft-ietf-ltans-dssc-10.txt".
Can you please review the registration.

Thanks,
Thomas

Type name:
application

Subtype name:
dssc+xml

Required parameters:
none

Optional parameters:
"charset" as specified for "application/xml" in RFC 3023.

Encoding considerations:
Same as specified for "application/xml" in RFC 3023.

Security considerations:
Same as specified for "application/xml" in Section 10 of RFC 3023.
Further security consideration can be found in section 7 of
draft-ietf-ltans-dssc-10.txt.

Interoperability considerations:
Same as specified for "application/xml" in RFC 3023.

Published specification:
draft-ietf-ltans-dssc-10.txt

Applications which use this media:
applications for long-term archiving of signed data,
applications for signing data / verifying signed data,
applications for encrypting / decrypting data

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) : none
2. File extension(s) : .xdssc
3. Macintosh file type code : "TEXT"
4. Object Identifiers: none

Person to contact for further information:
Thomas Kunz (thomas.kunz at sit.fraunhofer.de)

Intended usage:
COMMON

Restrictions on usage:
none

Author/Change controller:
The IETF

Type name:
application

Subtype name:
dssc+der

Required parameters:
none

Optional parameters:
none

Encoding considerations:
none for 8-bit transports and in general Base64 for 7-bit transports.

Security considerations:
Security consideration can be found in section 7 of
draft-ietf-ltans-dssc-10.txt.

Interoperability considerations:
none

Published specification:
draft-ietf-ltans-dssc-10.txt

Applications which use this media:
applications for long-term archiving of signed data,
applications for signing data / verifying signed data,
applications for encrypting / decrypting data

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) : none
2. File extension(s) : .dssc
3. Macintosh file type code : none