Review requested: audio/atrac3 media type registration

Tom Taylor tom.taylor at rogers.com
Fri Mar 7 04:53:35 CET 2008

One thing I should point out is what RFC 4855 says about the rate parameter:

<quote>

2. Procedure For Registering Media Types for RTP Payload Types
     Required parameters:
           If the payload format does not have a fixed RTP timestamp
           clock rate, then a "rate" parameter is required to specify the
           RTP timestamp clock rate. ...

</quote>

So the "rate" parameter is not essential in this particular case.

I would qualify this by saying that I should review correspondence Colin had
with the authors to see if it covered this.