More on media types for IBE

Luther Martin martin at voltage.com
Tue Feb 19 22:48:51 CET 2008

(Ah, it looks like I'm finally getting list messages, although not
anything related to my initial posts yet.)

The purpose of my initial post was to address the comments that came up
in last call for the two IBE drafts. We used the generic
application/octet-stream and application/xhtml+xml, and comments clearly
indicated that this was Bad. Thus I've proposed the three additional
media types to cover this. All of the other comments on the drafts were
easily addressable, and getting these media types is essentially all
that's left to do to move the two drafts to RFCs.