The registration of the "vnd.3gpp.clearmode" RTP payload type at IANA

John M Meredith John.Meredith at etsi.org
Fri Dec 12 17:45:29 CET 2008

Dear All

It is the intention of 3GPP to request IANA registration of the above code point.  The information below is taken from annex D of 3GPP TS 29.007 v8.1.0 which will shortly be available in its entirety on the 3GPP site via http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/html-info/29007.htm .

In accordance with past practice, I am sending the request via the ietf-types exploder for review and comment prior to the formal registration request.  Please use the current "to" list which includes the editor of the specification concerned and the chairman and secretary of the responsible working group.

Best seasonal wishes

John M Meredith
3GPP Specifications Manager

Annex D (informative):
IANA registration information for RTP payload types for SCUDIF in SIP-I based CS core network
D.1	Introduction
This Annex provides information required for the registration of the "vnd.3gpp.clearmode" RTP payload type at IANA.
Editor´s note: MCC is requested to perform this registration on behalf of 3GPP at
http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl

D.2	IANA Registartion information
D.2.1	Media Type Name
audio
D.2.2	Subtype Name
vnd.3gpp.clearmode
D.2.3	Required parameters
none
D.2.4	Optional parameters
"ptime" gives the length of time in milliseconds represented by the media in a packet, as described in RFC 4566.
"maxptime" represents the maximum amount of media, which can be encapsulated in each packet, expressed as time in milliseconds, as described in IETF RFC 4566.
"network-initiated-service-change" denotes if a network initiated servive change is supported or applied. It shall be used according to the rules in 3GPP TS 29.007 and 3GPP TS 23.172. No values shall be supplied for this parameter
D.2.5	Encoding considerations
Framed encoding.
D.2.6	Security considerations
See Section 6 of RFC 4040 [92]
D.2.7	Interoperability considerations
none
D.2.8	Published specification
3GPP TS 29.007.
D.2.9	Applications which use this media type
Service change and UDI/RDI Fallback (SCUDIF), as defined in 3GPP TS 23.172 [83]
D.2.10	Additional information
This type is only defined for transfer via RTP.
D.2.10.1	Magic number(s)
none
D.2.10.2	File extension(s)
none
D.2.10.3	Macintosh File Type Code(s
none
D.2.10.2	Object Identifier(s) or OID(s)
none
D.2.11	Intended usage
Limited use.
This RTP payload type will only be applied within a 3GPP SIP-I based circuit switched core network, as specified in 3GPP TS 23.231 [y]
D.2.12	Other Information/General Comment
none
D.2.13	Person to contact for further information
3GPP Specifications Manager via 3gppContact at etsi.org