OpenType MIME Type

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Fri Aug 22 11:54:40 CEST 2008

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:42:19 +0100, Martin Duerst <duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp>
wrote:
> At 18:22 08/08/22, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> Also, how do we ensure the
>> registration happens fast enough for us to be able to implement it on
>> time?
>
> What is your time frame?

I understood that for Mozilla its a couple of months (though I can't
really speak for them, understandably), for Opera it's sooner.

> If you want this to be fast, something like
> application/vnd.opera.opentype (see section 3.2).

I'd rather not have vnd.opera.opentype or x-opentype as we'd have to
support that forever once shipped which seems like a bad thing. Features
introduced on the Web that are successful (and I expect this will be) are
not easily removed later on. (For <script type> we recognize eleven or so
MIME types meaning ECMAScript...)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>