Media type for output of POSIX "diff" utility

Bjoern Hoehrmann derhoermi at gmx.net
Thu May 31 17:30:17 CEST 2007

* Julian Reschke wrote:
>Well, I18N would be part of the media type registration (as far as I
>know, diff files do not carry character set information, so the only way
>to specify it would be through the charset parameter).

I am not sure it would be wise to attempt that. The diff files do not
typically say which encoding they use, and they might not use a single
encoding at all (if you switch from one encoding to the other and sub-
mit a diff to a mailing list, if you have a patch file making changes
to multiple files in different encodings), it's not likely that there
will be any encoding specified at all. It might then be better to use
it as text-like binary type.