MPEG asks for MIME review for the MPEG21 file format

Graham Klyne GK at ninebynine.org
Mon May 21 18:24:33 CEST 2007

Chris Lilley wrote:
> On Monday, May 21, 2007, 11:13:58 AM, Graham wrote:
> GK> For clarification: this would be the case only when a suitable MIME
> GK> content-transfer-encoding header is applied, n'est pas?
>
> If its compressed on the fly, yes. If its stored compressed on the server, then Content-Encoding is used.

Ah, I hadn't considered Content-encoding here.

I note that this header is defined by RFC2616 and registered only for use with
HTTP (http://www.iana.org/assignments/message-headers/perm-headers.html), which
suggests that it is defined only as part of an HTTP protocol transfer.

#g

(being rather language-lawyer-ish at this point?)

--
Graham Klyne
For email: