review of media type and URI from draft-levin-mmusic-xml-media-control-10.txt

Bjoern Hoehrmann derhoermi at gmx.net
Thu Jun 14 19:21:16 CEST 2007

* Even, Roni wrote:
>  1. Application/media_control+xml media type registration

It seems this is quite out of sync with the template in RFC 4288, for
example, "Media Type Name" should be "Type name", "Person to contact
for further information" should be "Person & email address to contact
for further information".

>   Media Type Name:   application
>   subtype name:   media_control+xml

Is is really necessary to use a "_" here? I think this would be the
first type to use an underscore.

>   See RFC 3023 [4] for a discussion of the charset parameter on XML-
>   derived types.  Since this type is used exclusively in SIP, the use
>   of UTF-8 encoding is strongly encouraged.

This should go into the missing "Restrictions on usage", but why would
it be "used exclusively in SIP"?

>   Encoding considerations:   8-bit text

This should be one of "7bit", "8bit", "binary", "framed", or, preferably
a reference to the application/xml encoding considerations in RFC 3023.

>   Intended usage: Limited Use

This should be uppercased.