Review requested for SCVP media types

Bjoern Hoehrmann derhoermi at gmx.net
Wed Jun 13 05:31:30 CEST 2007

* David A. Cooper wrote:
>Information about the four media types defined for the Server-based
>Certificate Validation Protocol (SCVP) may be found in Appendix A of the
>current draft of the document:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-scvp-31.txt.  For
>convenience, Appendix A is copied below.
>
>Appendix A.  MIME Media Type Registrations
>
>   Four MIME media type registrations are provided in this appendix.
>
>A.1  application/scvp-cv-request
>A.2  application/scvp-cv-response
>A.3  application/scvp-vp-request
>A.4  application/scvp-vp-response

I wonderered for some time why the draft defines the same types twice,
until I noticed there is actually a slight difference between those
names. Have you considered using names that are more difficult to con-
fuse, or at least explain what 'cv' and 'vp' denote at the beginning of
the media type appendices, or in the "Applications that use this media
type" field?