Request for review of DMB Application format media types: video/dmb

Bjoern Hoehrmann derhoermi at gmx.net
Tue Dec 4 07:15:57 CET 2007

* Houari wrote:
>MIME media type name : Video
>MIME subtype name : Standards Tree -dmb

This should really be:

   Type name: video
   Subtype name: dmb

See the template in RFC 4288.

>Applications which use this media :
>    Multimedia

It wouldn't hurt to use a full sentence here, ala "Multimedia
applications."

>Additional information :
>
>1. Magic number(s) : none
>2. File extension(s) : dmb
>3. Macintosh file type code : dmb
>4. Object Identifiers: none

Point 4 should not be here. As I understand it, the MacOS file types are
four letter codes, but you only have three. Should this perhaps be some-
thing like "dmb " (last character is a space)? Is there really no way to
identify video/dmb resources by looking at the content?

You use the same file extension for all three types, could you explain
this choice? Can you give some recommendation, e.g. in the interopera-
bility considerations, what type should be used by default, if you have
to determine a type from the extension (like what web servers should use
in their mime type configuration file)?

>Person to contact for further information :
>
>1. Name : Hui Yong Kim
>2. Email : hykim5 at etri.re.kr

This should be e.g. "Person & email address to contact for further
information: Hui Yong Kim <hykim5 at etri.re.kr>".

>Intended usage : Common

This should be "COMMON".

>Author/Change controller : Hui Yong Kim, editor of ISO/IEC 23000-9
>Digital Multimedia Broadcasting Application Format

It seems it would be better to list the organization that has change
control over the ISO/IEC specification.