regarding your comments on proposed media type text/troff' to Informational RFC

Bruce Lilly blilly at erols.com
Thu Apr 21 16:34:20 CEST 2005

On Thu April 21 2005 08:43, Bruce Lilly wrote:

> I believe that the issues can be dealt with by revision to the parameter
> definition; I'll propose some specific text later today.

OLD text:

     process: Lists a recommended command pipeline for formatting.  The
        parameter value may need to be quoted or encoded as provided
        for by [N4.RFC2045] as amended by [N5.RFC2231] and [N6.Errata].

NEW text:

     process: Human-readable additional information for formatting,
        including environment variables, preprocessor arguments and
        order, formatter arguments, and postprocessors.  The parameter
        value may need to be quoted or encoded as provided for by
        [N4.RFC2045] as amended by [N5.RFC2231] and [N6.Errata].
        Implementations SHOULD NOT attempt any execution or other
        interpretation of the parameter value, as the parameter value
        may be prose text.  Implementations SHOULD present the
        parameter (after reassembly of continuation parameters, etc.)
        as information related to the media type, particularly if the
        media content is not immediately available (e.g. as with
        message/external-body composite media [N3.RFC2046]).