MIME registration for application/gdiff

Lisa Dusseault lisa at osafoundation.org
Fri Sep 10 23:40:15 CEST 2004

I'm trying to register a MIME type officially for application/gdiff.
This type was defined in a W3C NOTE several years ago:

<http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-gdiff-19970901>

That Note defines the MIME type but apparently the authors never
registered the MIME type with IANA.  Now we'd like to use gdiff in
applications where we'd be using the MIME type so having it officially
registered would be nice.   For example in:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dusseault-http-patch-05.txt>

I submitted the registration through the IANA web form six weeks ago
but haven't gotten a response other than the automated form submission
response.  Is this smoothly underway or is there anything else I need
to or can optionally do to help this registration out?  Is there
anywhere to see the status of requests?

Thanks,
Lisa Dusseault

PS I had to subscribe to this list to get my posting accepted -- I
first sent this message in August but it disappeared into a black hole.

Lisa