publication of FITS MIME Internet-Draft

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Fri Sep 10 17:12:06 CEST 2004

In accordance with the recommendation of the International
Astronomical Union FITS Working Group (IAUFWG) I have requested that
the Internet-Draft with the name
<draft-allen-fitsmime-00.txt>
be considered for publication as an Informational RFC.

This Internet-Draft specifies two new top-level MIME media types,
image/fits and application/fits
The shepherd, Scott Hollenbeck, points out the requirement
that IETF-Types be involved.

Please review the content of <draft-allen-fitsmime-00.txt>
and the two media type applications within it.

Thank you.

Background information:

The process by which this document gained IAUFWG approval is
visible at
http://www.ucolick.org/~sla/fits/mime/

The archives of the IAUFWG are visible via
http://listmgr.cv.nrao.edu/pipermail/iaufwg/

The charter given to me by the IAUFWG is visible in the archives at
http://listmgr.cv.nrao.edu/pipermail/iaufwg/2004-July/000200.html

The vote results indicating unanimous approval for submission is at
http://listmgr.cv.nrao.edu/pipermail/iaufwg/2004-August/000212.html

--
Steve Allen          UCO/Lick Observatory       Santa Cruz, CA 95064
sla at ucolick.org      Voice: +1 831 459 3046     http://www.ucolick.org/~sla