Media Types in 3GPP Timed text draft (was: RE: [AVT] RTP andMediaTypes)

Magnus Westerlund magnus.westerlund at ericsson.com
Tue Sep 7 15:46:24 CEST 2004

Dave Singer wrote:

> But text/html is not only rendering text, it is expressed in text. 3GPP
> renders text, but it is expressed in binary.

Not really. In my view timed text is expressed in binary framing and
UTF-8 or UTF-16 encoded text (which might be argued is binary). But the
framing issues, are true for basically all RTP payload formats. You need
to understand the RTP payload format to do anything.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: magnus.westerlund at ericsson.com