Request for MIME media type Application/Vendor Tree - vnd.3gpp.sms-tl

Martin Duerst duerst at w3.org
Thu Jul 29 08:33:22 CEST 2004

At 11:52 04/07/28 +0200, Biot Olivier wrote:

>The SMS service allows transport of text messages; however the character set
>used in such an SMS message (including the message text itself) is part of
>the binary data and must not be specified with the charset parameter.

Thanks for the clarification. Apart from the change suggested by Ned,
I would change "character set" to "character encoding".
I would also be interested to know (doesn't necessarily need to show
up in the registration) what kind of encodings are supported. For
example, does SMS allow message text to be encoded in an Unicode-
based encoding? Are all the encodings supported registered as
IANA 'charset's, or are there others?

Regards,    Martin.