New version of PDF registration draft

Larry Masinter LMM at acm.org
Tue Jan 20 01:51:03 CET 2004

I submitted what I hope is the final draft of the "PDF registration"
document, draft-zilles-pdf-02.txt.

After re-reading RFC 2026 more carefully, I removed the entire
section that was giving trouble (Section 6 on Intellectual
Property).

The document is not intended for standards track. The
standard XML2RFC boilerplate includes RFC 2026 Section
10.4 (A)   "The IETF takes no position regarding ..."
and (B) "The IETF invites any interested party to bring ...",
even though RFC 2026 only requires those for standards track
documents. If needed (e.g., if the document were to be
moved to standards track), I believe I can get Adobe to make an
Intellectual Property statement that repeats the information
contained in the PDF Reference manual (as modified by
its errata) in a separate statement to be included in the
IETF list of IPR statements.

The only other content change was to take the wording
from RFC 2854 (text/html) about Javascript execution
environments.

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net