sp midi and nokia ringtones

jeanluc jeanluc.mc at wanadoo.fr
Mon Apr 15 18:18:27 CEST 2002

hi,

I'm a french composer, and I try to create an sp-midi file for nokia 3510 and communicator

I use beatnik since 2 years and I know that a mini Beatnik Audio Engine is in some nokia phones.

I'm waiting for Scalable Polyphony MIDI Specification and Device Profiles  by MMa.

 I try to create an sp-midi file. To do that , musician must embed at the top of the midifile a "mip "
code( in hexadecimal code )..This mip code allow to reduce or increase polyphony of a midifile
for 4-polyphony device or 8 or16- polyphony device....
This mip code is just a sys-ex message, in hexadecimal code.The hex is in the MMA's specification. Also in the spec. are the device ID's for upcoming phones.

Do you know :
How can I put the correct "'MIP" code in my sp-midi file ?

Have you in hexdecimal code thi mip code, with device ID's ?

How can I test a sp-midi file exept on a phone and beatnik editor?

can I test a file on a desktop nkia 3510 phone emulator?

thanks,

 my website:          www.kitmusica.com (flashsound api and beatnik)

 try our beatnik mixer    www.kitmusica.com/introbeat.htm  (beatnik)

a sonified  web site     www.helentraiteur.com, by kitmusica (beatnik)