Language for taxonomic names, redux

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Wed Mar 1 23:52:11 CET 2017

I don’t think “ru-linnaean” would be possible. The names are not (and cannot be) in Cyrillic.

Here are the Russian Wikipedia articles on Proboscidea, where the Linnaean name is clearly marked “лат[инский]” ‘Latin’.

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Хоботные (Khobotnye)

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Пробосцидея (Probostsideia)