Record for Spanglish variant

Phillips, Addison addison at lab126.com
Wed Jan 4 21:28:06 CET 2017

In the Comments field, I'd delete "Name given to..." and just say "A variety of...", since the subtag is meant to identify the language variation, not the name of the language variation.

I agree that I'd rather see more foot-dragging before assigning a subtag (or creating CLDR entities or BCP47 extensions or new stuff in the -t- extension). We have limited experience with matching or tagging these languages and some reports that different flavors of contact languages "work differently".

Addison