Language for taxonomic names, redux

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri Feb 24 16:21:42 CET 2017

> http://www.galeriainfo.hu/index1.php?link=muveszeink&muvesz_id=174 when autotranslated by Google translates “Hosszú György” as “George Long”. Clearly that’s not desirable (even if from one point of view it might be “accurate") — but there’s no way to use language tagging to achieve “protection” of the personal name, is there?

  I also thought of personal names, because that’s the closest analogy I
could think of to binomial names.  Clearly someone requesting a subtag
for personal names would have to make a very strong case indeed.

  That said, binomial names are in a way more generic (pun intended)
than personal names, so it’s obviously not exactly the same either.

	Best,

		Arthur