request for subtag for Elfdalian

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Tue Mar 1 17:18:51 CET 2016

If it's clearly wrong on a linguistic basis, then the right approach is to provide to the RA more information that makes clear that linguistic argument and shows that it's information that many linguists familiar with the languages in question — preferably not just ones within the Elfdalian community — confirm that view.

Simply writing an "appeal" letter without providing more evidence is essentially saying, "I'm right, therefore you should do as I say." Michael knows things wouldn't work that way in this list. We shouldn't expect any different in engaging with the 639-3 RA.

Peter