Appeal to ISO 639 RA in support of Elfdalian

Mats Blakstad mats.gbproject at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 09:30:10 CET 2016

> On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 1:40 PM, Michael Everson <everson at evertype.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Here is an initial draft. Who will take up the pen and offer more?
>

> The rebuttal documents (<url1>, <url2>) provide convincing evidence that
> ​Elfdalian is not merely a dialect, but rather is as distinct from Swedish
> as Bokmal is; those have separate language codes. No reasoned responses to
> those documents and their evidence was provided by the 639 RA.

As I see it Norwegian and Swedish (and Danisih) are almost like dialects of
the same language, I guess they are more considered as different languages
because we have 3 different nations :) However, tests shiw distance between
Swedish and Elfdalian is as big as the distance between Swedishand Icelandic