request for subtag for Elfdalian

Mats Blakstad mats.gbproject at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 02:06:46 CET 2016

Here is the subtag request, I keep the naming of the language open, so the
Language Subtag Reviewers can make that decision. At least I've done my job
to bring forward different arguments you should consider. Then you can see
what you want to do with the issue, I understand if you need a little time
to discuss it...

LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

1. Name of requester: Mats Blakstad
2. E-mail address of requester: info @ globalbility.org
3. Record Requested:

Type: primary language
Subtag: ovdal
Comments: Elfdalian / Övdalian is a language spoken in Älvdalen, Dalarna,
Sweden. [Maybe comment on alternative names used here?]

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:

Elfdalian / Övdalian is a language spoken in Älvdalen, Dalarna Sweden.

5. Reference to published description of the language (book or article):

For further details see the application form for ISO639 and the rejection
letter from the RA with comments from the review period:
http://www-01.sil.org/iso639-3/chg_detail.asp?id=2015-046&lang=ovd