Spanglish

David Starner prosfilaes at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 10:37:07 CET 2016

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 11:32 PM Yury Tarasievich <
yury.tarasievich at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do I get this right? There isn't any standard
> method for marking the text set in:
>
> ...one language in several scripts (?), like
> German in Latin and Fraktur?
>
> ...text in several languages, e.g., language A
> with citations in language B?

Lesson #1 in databases is that you do not put multiple things in one field.
There's going to be no way to store the fact that you have a copy of Crime
and Punishment in Russian and retrieve that quickly if you combine that
information with the language of the notes or citations. And presumably the
language tags for Crime and Punishment in Russian with French notes should
be different from War and Peace in Russian and French. I'm pretty sure the
language tag is not the level to try and deal with this.