Fire the programmer (was: Re: Appeal to ISO 639 RA in support of Elfdalian)

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Wed Apr 27 23:32:11 CEST 2016

Luc Pardon wrote:

> Also, if I were in charge there, I would fire the programmer who was
> paid to implement an RFC and never even bothered to read it.

Or maybe the QA engineer who neglected to test 5-letter language
subtags. Or the systems analyst whose job was to read the RFC and turn
it into requirements. Or the program manager who listened to his
customers when they told him, "Nah, we don't need that."

The house is not built only by the carpenter.

--
Doug Ewell | http://ewellic.org | Thornton, CO 🇺🇸