Appeal to ISO 639 RA in support of Elfdalian

Mats Blakstad mats.gbproject at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 08:18:50 CEST 2016

Okay, what if we do it like this: we send a new iso639 application this
year, and then IETF add this letter to the application or as comment in the
review period. Then if the RA is still no ready to assign a language code,
then IETF should be ready to assign his own language subtag. It must be an
honest and open letter like the one we have, it might not be comfortable to
read for the RA, but it is honest and the truth. It can not be a letter
that simply supports the application for an iso639 code without any
consequences; I need to get a clear answer about what is going to happen if
also the next iso639 application is rejected. That solution cannot be "use
a privat subtag" or "create a variant subtag for Swedish".