Appeal to ISO 639 RA in support of Elfdalian

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Mon Apr 25 00:02:46 CEST 2016

> Since we are appealing rather than just asking to be processed in December, I think it’s important that we tell them we don’t think they did the right thing.

I think we could be nicer about it.  "Deeply concerned about the reasons".  That isn't just questioning that they made the wrong decision, but questions the processes that led them to the wrong decision.  IMO "are concerned about the rejection of the Elfdalian language" would be sufficient.  Especially with the text quoted recently that says they're open to reconsidering.

> I don’t think the letter is rude. We’re offering them feedback based on our opinion. Yes, there’s a conflict, but we’re approaching them to ask for resolution.

I don't know these people, however it doesn't matter if we think the letter is rude or pushy.  It matters if the reader does.  I've met enough people that would immediately get defensive at the tone of the letter, whether logical or not, that I think it's worth a little more effort.

-Shawn