Appeal to ISO 639 RA in support of Elfdalian

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Sat Apr 23 12:08:30 CEST 2016

From: Mats Blakstad [mailto:mats.gbproject at gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2016 1:24 AM

[snip]

> I completely understand that argument. However, it is the process that the RA
> themselves have led, giving special requirements for Elfdalian for assigning a
> language code that are not given for other languages, that put us in this situation.

It is _the openness of the RA’s process_ that has enabled us to be discussing this at all! Otherwise, you would have received a rejection without any idea as to why or as to who else provided what input.

But now some of you here seem to want that openness to be by-passed because it suits your purposes. We can’t have it both ways.

Peter