Appeal to ISO 639 RA in support of Elfdalian

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Sat Apr 23 09:19:11 CEST 2016

Peter Constable scripsit:

> That is not asking for a simple acknowledge of receipt of the appeal
> letter within two months. That is asking that, within two months,
> the RA approve coding of Elfdalian in 639-3.

Of course it is.  Google "démarche with a time limit".  (I should add that
this characterization is my own, and that Michael and other signatories
are not responsible for it.)  We want them to assign the code, and we
ask them to assign the code.  If they say and do nothing, that's an
indication of how seriously they take the matter.  If they put us off,
that's a different indication.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
Where the wombat has walked, it will inevitably walk again.
   (even through brick walls!)