Pending requests

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Wed Nov 25 21:01:06 CET 2015

Shawn Steele wrote:

> I'm confused how Odgen's Basic English is interesting to the web in general.

Don't forget that BCP 47 isn't just for the web. It's for any
application that requires identifying languages and variants by short
alphanumeric strings.

Shawn continued:

and Mark Davis wrote:

> ​I disagree with "basiceng". What people need is a variant to indicate a simplified version of a language. That is not satisfied by "Basic English", which nobody has a demonstrated need for.

"Basic Foo" and "Simple Foo" are not the same thing, and without being
able to read his mind, I suspect one reason Michael proposed both might
be to draw attention to that fact.

--
Doug Ewell | http://ewellic.org | Thornton, CO 🇺🇸