Side note: "the people at IANA" (was: Re: Current requests)

David Starner prosfilaes at gmail.com
Sat May 23 18:06:31 CEST 2015

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 8:56 AM Luc Pardon <lucp at skopos.be> wrote:

> > I don't think anyone has standing to initiate legal action against
> > anyone here.
>
>   That's probably because you think like a reasonable, nice and
> considerate person, not like a lawyer.

And have you planned for if IANA sues you for barratry? Washington law says
"Every person who brings on his or her own behalf, or instigates, incites,
or encourages another to bring, any false suit at law or in equity in any
court of this state, with intent thereby to distress or harass a defendant
in the suit, or who serves or sends any paper or document purporting to be
or resembling a judicial process, that is not in fact a judicial process,
is guilty of a misdemeanor;" I'm sure a lawyer could argue that you're
guilty of that crime.

Waving threats of lawsuits around is not something reasonable considerate
people do, and I don't believe it's at all helpful for this list.