Registration request for new subtags for Portuguese orthographies

Luc Pardon lucp at skopos.be
Thu Mar 26 18:02:04 CET 2015

On 26-03-15 17:40, Shawn Steele wrote:
> Some of that has been happening.  The way to be independent would be to attach it to pt and let users do as they will.  Perhaps some of these other countries have "early adopters" that would like to experiment with the proposal before it's ratified?

Probably, and there is even more. I read [1] that the "Novas da Galiza"
(in Galicia, Spain) adopted ao1990 in january 2011 already. They have a
website [2] so they'd really need to tag it properly (currently they don't).

The proper way to help them would be to add "Prefix: glc" to ao1990.

What I'm trying to say: if even "Prefix: pt" would be too restrictive to
serve today's adopters, it's yet another reason to not go for "Prefix:
pt-PT".

Luc Pardon

[1] https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acordo_Ortogr%C3%A1fico_de_1990

[2] http://www.novasgz.com/