Add Likely Subtags first step

Caoimhin O Donnaile caoimhin at smo.uhi.ac.uk
Mon Jan 26 14:13:49 CET 2015

If the tags were only being used to tag written language, I think people
would assume that en-oxford meant the spelling and standards adopted by
the Oxford English Dictionary (en-GB but with -ize rather than -ise).

But if the tags were being used to tag spoken language, I think people
would assume it meant Oxford/Oxbridge English, a sort of educated,
public-school, semi-posh accent:

   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg1AQ5JmU9A (at 3:08)
   http://www.bbc.co.uk/voices/yourvoice/feature2_4.shtml

or (less likely) the very different dialect of rural Oxfordshire.

I see that the Wikipedia article on Received Pronunciation hedges a bit
between spoken and written:

  “The study of RP is concerned exclusively with pronunciation, whereas
   "Standard English", "the Queen's English", "Oxford English", or "BBC
   English" is also concerned with matters such as grammar, vocabulary and
   style.”

Caoimhín